Dustin bought me Becoming Extraordinary for Christmas. I follow Ashley on Instagram and saw her post about a Transform You challenge. It’s 10 weeks long and I figured I could totally do it, since the trainer is 12 weeks. My local gym, Ignite, was starting a 21 Day Detox the same day the challenge was starting (Mon. Jan 8th) and I was hoping I wasn’t getting myself into too many things. After talking with Dustin, the meal plan on Ashley’s trainer was sort of similar to the detox, so I went ahead and started it as well.
Can’t wait to look back on these posts at the end of Week 12.
To be honest, this is for me. If it helps motivate or inspire you and if it helps you feel like you can do the same, then heck yes!!
HUGE DISCLAIMER: I do NOT live by the scale or measurements. At all. I am overweight. I completely understand that I could potentially stay the same weight or gain more weight but in the form of muscle. I just want to be healthy and fit. For me, that’s being strong, whether I just feel it, or I look it. With that said, I have weighed myself to add it to my measurements because I can look at it and not feel discouraged if it doesn’t move much or at all. It’s all about how I feel. If you’re one to look at the scale and it’s gone up 5 pounds and you easily get discouraged, then this way isn’t for you. But it works for me.
Week 1: Where It All Began & I Told Myself To Shut Up
- The first day was the TOUGHEST day for me. Took me 2 hours and 20 mins to finish and I didn’t get through the whole workout.
- Getting used to whole foods again.
- By the end of week 1, I noticed a change in my attitude, my skin was clearer (not 100%), and I felt like a beast.
- Paid attention to my goal planner (Lara Casey’s Powersheets) every single morning. Stuck to my guns with my daily workouts, water intake, vitamins, and bible study!
- I attempted every workout, didn’t complete a few workouts, missed one day during the week, and made up for it on my rest day.
- I went to the gym in the morning (5am) and the evening (5pm).
- Never been so sore, but it felt SO good!!
- At the end of week 1, I was completely regulated. If you don’t understand that, it has something to so with the restroom. *ew*
- Meal prep was a HUGE key in not falling off the wagon. And they are completely right when they say it takes no time in comparison to how much time you think it takes.
- Mental battle was RIDICULOUS. I literally had to tell myself (internally) to “shut the **** up” because fear would sit there and say “I don’t know if I can do this”, “oh no, my muscles are shaking”. I got through it though and cried afterward. HUGE accomplishment.
Measurements (taken Sun Jan 7 at 8pm):
- Weight: 235
- Neck: 15
- Arm: 15
- Chest: 43
- Stomach: 48
- Waist: 45
- Thigh: 28
- Calf: 17.5
Week 2: Where I Had To Deal With Conflicts & Gained Confidence
- I blew Day 1 away the next Monday, I completed the entire workout and had 30 mins to spare at the gym.
- Meal prep again, killed it! Love having meals already planned. Hate making decisions because I get anxious. The less decisions, the better. Meal prep helps this!
- Had work conflicts Thursday, didn’t get a workout in. Used my 5am workout Friday to bust through half of Thursdays workout.
- Tailored a few of my 2018 goals and set myself a couple non-food rewards if I accomplish them. Dustin and I agreed if we stick to this not only for 12 weeks, but for the year, we’d go to an NF concert in 2019. So stoked to see him live.
- Excited to start muscle groups on Monday. First 2 weeks are an all over workout and will probably be my go-to if I ever need a workout routine because they rock.
- Noticed lots of improvement.
- Participated in the private Facebook group, even have a few women who wanted to do a group text to send motivation throughout the weeks. Love having this community!
- Ashley posted asking for volunteers for her Unbroken Foundation. Would love to help out with that here in the midwest. Going to answer her questions and send them off.
- Skin is on point, though I’m pretty sure I have cystic acne. It’s not terrible, but they’re deep, and often red and sore. It never seems to go away. I’ve heard nothing but great things about Herbivore. Will treat myself to their skin/facial care items once the 12 weeks is over. Figure by then all the crap in my body should be long gone and what a way to reward myself for completing!
- Love Lat Pull Downs, Row Machine, Shoulder Press, Tricep Extension, and Hack Squats
Measurements (taken Sun Jan 21 at 11:27am):
- Weight: 223
- Neck: 14.5
- Arm: 14
- Chest: 43.5
- Stomach: 47.5
- Waist: 44
- Thigh: 27
- Calf: 17.5
Gained half an inch on my chest, I assume because my time of the month is right upon me, idk. Still have to get to the gym today (like now!) and tomorrow starts week 3!
Peace, love, and sunshine!